#1 Haneef

Haneef

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:32 AM

For those of you that only eat Halal meat Zabihad by the islamic methods:

As far as I know, all of the New Zealand lamb is halal. Sams club sells this lamb in their stores, and people have checked the certificates of Authenticity and it is true.

Just an FYI.
The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said,

"Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures – death.”

Do not use your beard to open people’s ears.

The tear of the sinner is more beloved to God than the arrogance of the righteous man. Ibn Ata`illah

Posted Image

#2 Guest_OhMyGod!_*

Guest_OhMyGod!_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

For those of you that only eat Halal meat

:huh:

Isnt that supposed 2 b all of us??

#3 Sabr

Sabr

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

for the aussies... nandos and aportos is halal?

#4 Haneef

Haneef

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:13 AM

halal = slaughtered by islamic means

The tear of the sinner is more beloved to God than the arrogance of the righteous man. Ibn Ata`illah

Posted Image

#5 Sabr

Sabr

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:47 AM

hmm yes.
my point was most here are certified as halal.

that being said, is halal certification an adequate measure to mark the meat 'safe'.. relying on the islamic councils stamp of approval?

:scratchchin:

#6 Guest_OhMyGod!_*

Guest_OhMyGod!_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

^No i dont think so. For example, in the Quran (from memory, please correct me if i've mistaken/typed/read the verse :unsure: ) is says something like Kolo Halaloon Tayyibah, not kolo halal wa tayyibah or Kolo Halal wa Tayyibat or....

Therefore, for things to be Halal it must also be Tayyibah, meaning pure+delicious+nutrious+etc. I reckon all that chicken meat i eat is pumped with steroids, i dont think that exactly constitutes as Tayyibah, therefore it shouldn't be Halal either. But apparently it is <_< coz the "Halal" stamp plastered by the "Islamic Council"

#7 ~*~JiLk@Y~*~

~*~JiLk@Y~*~

~*~Royalty~*~

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,007 posts
  • Interests:coming here

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

Eating halal is good for your health, I don't know why you would boast about eating nasty food.
I am a traveler seeking the truth, a human searching for the meaning of humanity and a citizen seeking dignity, freedom, stability and welfare under the shade of Islam. I am a free man who is aware of the purpose of his existence and who proclaims: Truly, my prayer and my sacrifice, my living and my dying are all for Allah, the Lord of the worlds; no partner has He. This, I am commanded and I am of those who submit to His Will. This is who I am. Who are you?" Imam Hassan Al Banna

#8 Guest_OhMyGod!_*

Guest_OhMyGod!_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:50 AM

:notangel:

Coz sometimes it's soo damn yummyyyy

#9 Haneef

Haneef

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:45 AM

^No i dont think so. For example, in the Quran (from memory, please correct me if i've mistaken/typed/read the verse :unsure: ) is says something like Kolo Halaloon Tayyibah, not kolo halal wa tayyibah or Kolo Halal wa Tayyibat or....

Therefore, for things to be Halal it must also be Tayyibah, meaning pure+delicious+nutrious+etc. I reckon all that chicken meat i eat is pumped with steroids, i dont think that exactly constitutes as Tayyibah, therefore it shouldn't be Halal either. But apparently it is <_< coz the "Halal" stamp plastered by the "Islamic Council"

The criteria is for the way it is slaughtered, which in many fiqh schools if not followed properly makes the meat HARAM. Things pumped with steroids, etc does not invalide the meat being halal. If that was the case then we can apply that to veggies and also we should not EAT any fatty foods, ETC due to them being "not good for you". Same would go with Junk food.

Posted Image

#10 Guest_OhMyGod!_*

Guest_OhMyGod!_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:51 PM

^yes Haneef, thats also part of my point. Remember, your body is a temple hummmmmmm hummmm :notangel:

As for the Slaughtering of the meat alone. For the Aussies it was rumoured that Inghams meat is halal because the "Islamic Council" had "ok'ed" a blade with Islamic calligraphy on it to make the meat "Halal" because there couldn't be a proper person over looking the slaughtering process.

#11 Reverse

Reverse

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:03 PM

I don't care if a package is labelled "halaal" or not, the fact of the matter is, from this day forth I refuse to eat meat. We pride ourselves on the fact that we are eating "halaal" because we think that Islamic law requires for the animal to be killed in a humane way, and this is true...it is required to be killed in a humane way. A slit through the jugular vein, to minimize suffering. But the world we live in today is not the simple world that our Prophet SAW, the Sahaba, and the Muslims of those days lived in. Today's world is run by corporations, big business, and private material interests. And that means that animals get hung upside down, in terror, suspended within huge metal "containers" while their throats are slit and their insides gutted, and sometimes it takes a long time for them to die. And that's the "halaal/kosher" way of killing an animal, so I'm not going to elaborate on how the every-day slaughter-houses of America operate. Branding cattle on their faces, breaking off their horns with plyers, removing their teeth (to keep crazed animals from eating eachother/cannibalism), beating them, all of this is testament to the fact that human beings can stoop to a low point beyond anything I had imagined. Can't believe the debasement.

The Prophet SAW told us to be kind to animals, but we aren't kind. The food we purchase, the meat we consume, even the MILK we drink which comes from cows that are hooked to milking machines 24/7 and required to stand for days on end, all of this is absolutely disgusting. And none of it is kind. God will not forgive us if we continue this way, because we are turning a blind eye to these things, thinking that "it must not be so bad else someone would have done something about it". @#%# capitalism, materialism, and this abhorrent society in which we live. Where's the humanity?

#12 Haneef

Haneef

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

those that are slaughtered in a halal way can not be tortured, hence the stuff you stated does not apply. Chickens can not be hung because they have to be slaughtered properly, and cows can not be shot etc. if as a personal choice you wish not to eat meat that's OK, but we should not shun others for doing so because it is something Allah SWT has allowed.

Posted Image

#13 Reverse

Reverse

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Haneef @ Nov 18 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
those that are slaughtered in a halal way can not be tortured, hence the stuff you stated does not apply. Chickens can not be hung because they have to be slaughtered properly, and cows can not be shot etc. if as a personal choice you wish not to eat meat that's OK, but we should not shun others for doing so because it is something Allah SWT has allowed.

Agreed that according to Islamic law it is wrong to torture animals. But can you prove that they aren't tortured? Can the Islamic Society or whatever group it is that oversees these things prove to us that the animals they slaughter are not tortured? From the moment cattle, poultry, etc. are bred to the moment they die, they live in suffering and live in horrible conditions because they are meant to be slaughtered. That's not something anybody should turn a blind eye to.

Allah SWT has allowed us to eat meat, and to kill it in a halaal/humane way. Many years ago, such animals were treated well, they were fed well and they had freedom to move around etc. and were bred on small farms, yet these things are not so anymore. The majority of us are living in North America, or Europe, or Australia etc., and these places are dominated by huge companies that don't have the time to treat their animals the way they should be treated.

Seriously, I'd love to know how these Islamic food companies breed their animals and how the animals are slaughtered...I am not saying this for the sake of rhetoric, I REALLY want to know. I used to buy Maple Lodge Farms Zabiha Halal products because they've got the halal stamp of approval so to speak, but come on...MAPLE LODGE? They're famous for their maltreatment of animals. So how can anything they serve to the public be halal if it's known that their animals are tortured? Don't these questions enter anyone's mind? Don't they bother anybody?

#14 Reverse

Reverse

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:29 PM

Zabiha Halal Video

Watch the video, the narrator specifically states that any animals which are dead upon arrival to the slaughter-house are removed. Why are a portion dead upon arrival? Obviously because they are shoved into trucks one atop the other, and some suffocate. The actual performance of the slaughter differs, in that it's a Muslim who "presses the button on the machine", but nothing is said about how the chickens are bred or how they're treated before arriving to the slaughter-house.

The birds that end up being Zabiha Halal, and the non-halal ones are both raised the same way, just slaughtered differently. They're still tortured, unless these companies can prove otherwise.

#15 Haneef

Haneef

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:00 AM

the points you bring up are all legit. The burden of proof is not on us to say "if we can prove that they did not tortue the animals", but one must prove that they did tortue them. We have to have good opinion of muslims. Most muslim companies do not raise the animals, simply slaughter them. so yes, before they are taken to the slaughter shop, that's a different issue. You are doing a noble thing I think because this addresses a bigger problem we have, the problem of too much meat consumption. Meat is not to be consumed as we consume it in this country. Therefore these large corporations will do anything to breed more animals so they can make $$.

As one scholar nicely states: "If the whole world lived as we do, we would need 3 earths to sustain such consumption"

Posted Image

#16 shadgull

shadgull

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (sabr @ Nov 10 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for the aussies... nandos and aportos is halal?

thats right its oportos not aportos smile.gif and i dont know about nandos.... if any one in sydney puchbowl mcdonalds is halal as well:eatingtime: ...so dont feed of any mickey d's u see just head down to punchbowl and eat there or even take the family if u wish
---FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STING LIKE BEE -----------feeellin NUTS

#17 Guest_O0O0O0O_*

Guest_O0O0O0O_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:34 PM

Family outting to maccas makes me laugh laughing.gif

#18 shadgull

shadgull

Advanced Member

• Afghansite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (O0O0O0O @ Nov 20 2007, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Family outting to maccas makes me laugh laughing.gif

hpfredgeorge1.gif its true me and the boys head in there to get a feed and infront of u all u see is ppl with their cousins in there dozens laugh.gif ordering maccas..."hamoud wants a big mac meal...ali wants quater pounder meal and 6 nuggets....moey wants just a cheeseburger the list goes on..we have to eat in the car park because of the amount of noise inside...the suburb is like home to nearly if not all muslims..even the suburbs around punchbowl is full of arabs ... .they consist of lebonese, syrian, maybe some afghans, iraqi ppl etc etc. very nice place. because it feels at home..where i live is like 20 min away and all red necks
---FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STING LIKE BEE -----------feeellin NUTS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users